Saturday, July 31, 2010

One to read

I am always looking for great books to read so when there was a book fair at my job, of course I had to go. I was browsing through the books, many I had read before and I found something very interesting. “The Blackbird Papers" by Dr. Ian Smith was my treasure find. I picked it up, read the front and back covers and was amazed that YES it was THE Dr. Ian Smith. You know, the one who wrote that diet book that I have been meaning to buy and read and follow for several years now (just haven’t gotten around to it). I thought HUH!, this should be interesting. While I thought the book started out slow, and was disappointed that the pages were so packed with words in small print (my sight isn't as good as it use to be even with reading glasses), I couldn't put the book down. I read it from cover to cover and it was fabulous. I finished the book which had a startling ending (I won't give anything away in this post). And then I immediately sat down at my computer to research to see if a sequel had been written. Sadly it has not. :-( I highly recommend this book to those of you who love a good mystery and detective story. Common Dr. Smith, I can't wait for the sequel. I love the characters and would even recommend writing the prequel, what preceded the brothers relationship would make a great book. No one says you have to write in sequence go back and give me more of these characters earlier lives and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment